VIAcode will assess the IT infrastructure and applications, create an inventory of resources, analyze capacity needs and consider networking and security requirements in order to build a roadmap for migration.
Based on the Assessment VIAcode will prepare a report with the proposed cloud resources, cost estimation and a plan for a streamlined migration that will minimize impact on the business.
Cloud Migration Assessment
During the Cloud Migration Assessment step VIAcode will:
- Identify all assets that can be moved to the cloud while considering cost and security implications as well as technical compatibility
- Create an inventory associated with on-premise physical and virtual configurations
- Collect performance metrics for all target infrastructure
- Gather networking configuration, topology and bandwidth requirements
- Confirm Active Directory topology
The Azure cloud migration strategy will cover the following areas:
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) model to support effective security, policy/compliance enablement and cost attribution
- Rightsizing of the cloud infrastructure based on collected performance and configuration data to support predicted workload
- Cloud migration model to support maintenance window schedule and concurrent cloud/on-premise availability
- Networking topology, such as VNets, firewalls, ExpressRoutes, inbound/outbound availability
- Plan for Active Directory migration to/integration with Azure Active Directory
- On-premise to cloud license transition for IaaS workloads
The deployment phase of the Azure cloud migration will consist of creating:
- Key Azure elements, such as tenants, subscriptions, resource groups and resources
- Configuration and synchronization of the Azure Active Directory with on-premise Active Directory
- Networking configuration, such as public/private address spaces, VNet/peering, Network Security Groups (NSG), ExpressRoutes, site to site VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Virtual Machine (VM)/Database migration to the new infrastructure using Azure-native tools such as Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup and SQL Service Migration Assistant
Ask us how we can migrate your infrastructure to Azure cloud for free.
Microsoft offers Incentive Programs that allow us to provide migration consulting services at no cost (or low cost) for you.
To find out more, ask to get a free assessment below.
We’re ready to help you migrate to Azure
Our tool provides a report on potential cost savings, security gaps and ways to optimize your cloud infrastructure.