VIAcode will assess the IT infrastructure and applications, create an inventory of resources, analyze capacity needs and consider networking and security requirements in order to build a roadmap for migration.
Based on the assessment, VIAcode will prepare a comprehensive report that details cloud resources, cost estimates and an actionable plan for streamlined migration that will minimize downtime and ensure positive user experience.
VIAcode engineers will design and implement an Azure environment using best practices for optimal cloud performance and cost-effectiveness ensuring comprehensive and simplistic cloud management.
Cloud Migration Assessment
During the Cloud Migration Assessment step VIAcode will:
- Identify all assets that can be moved to the cloud while considering cost and security implications as well as technical compatibility
- Create an inventory associated with on-premise physical and virtual configurations
- Collect performance metrics for all target infrastructure
- Gather networking configuration, topology and bandwidth requirements
- Confirm Active Directory topology
The Azure cloud migration strategy will cover the following areas:
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) model to support effective security, policy/compliance enablement and cost attribution
- Rightsizing of the cloud infrastructure based on collected performance and configuration data to support predicted workload
- Cloud migration model to support maintenance window schedule and concurrent cloud/on-premise availability
- Networking topology, such as VNets, firewalls, ExpressRoutes, inbound/outbound availability
- Plan for Active Directory migration to/integration with Azure Active Directory
- On-premise to cloud license transition for IaaS workloads
The deployment phase of the Azure cloud migration will consist of creating:
- Key Azure elements, such as tenants, subscriptions, resource groups and resources
- Configuration and synchronization of the Azure Active Directory with on-premise Active Directory
- Networking configuration, such as public/private address spaces, VNet/peering, Network Security Groups (NSG), ExpressRoutes, site to site VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Virtual Machine (VM)/Database migration to the new infrastructure using Azure-native tools such as Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup and SQL Service Migration Assistant
We’re ready to help you migrate to Azure
Ask us about a complimentary Azure strategy session to help you prepare for your cloud journey.